Thank you for your interest in volunteering on campuses in Georgetown ISD.
All adults who wish to volunteer on GISD campuses must first complete a criminal background check.
- Enhance educational experiences.
- Encourage and empower students.
- Share expertise – and learn something new!
- Enjoy our engaging campus communities.
- Grow, learn, and find yourself inspired.
GISD is required by state law to obtain criminal history record information on individuals who intend to serve as volunteers for the district (Texas Education Code 22.083). Your personal information as well as your criminal history record results are strictly confidential.Current District Wide Volunteer Opportunities
- Position: Appraiser / Judge
- Category: Creative Problem Solving
- Description: Destination Imagination, Inc. develops project-based learning programs that blend STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education with the arts and social entrepreneurship. Through DI’s programs, students experience creative and critical thinking, team building, problem solving, risk taking, project management, perseverance, and self-confidence. GISD is proud to support 20+ enthusiastic teams heading to competition in February, 2018!
- Website: DI website
- Training: Provided
- Location: Cedar Ridge High School in Round Rock
- Date of Event: February 17, 2018
- Contact: Vicki Barbosa / email@example.com
University Interscholastic League / UIL
- Position: Judge / Grader
- Category: UIL
- Description: UIL offers the most comprehensive program of academic competition in the nation. These activities, which exist to complement the academic curriculum, are designed to motivate students as they acquire higher levels of knowledge, to challenge students to confront issues of importance, and to provide students with the opportunity to demonstrate mastery of specific skills. Students are challenged to think critically and creatively, exhibiting much more than knowledge and comprehension. GISD is proud to support hundreds of enthusiastic participants heading to competition in January, 2017!
- Website: UIL website
- Training: Provided
- Location: East View High School
- Date of Event: January 27, 2017 / 4-7pm
- Contact: Beth Purcell / firstname.lastname@example.org
GISD STEM Fair
- Position: Judge
- Category: STEM
- Description: GISD invites you to join us for a day of STEM -- Science, technology, engineering, and math! The elementary schools listed below will be hosting STEM Fairs and are in need of volunteer judges. No prior knowledge or expertise required, but be sure to bring enthusiasm, curiosity, and good listening skills.
- Location & Date of Event
Cooper Elementary / January 19Ford Elementary / January 19Frost Elementary / January 20McCoy Elementary / January 24Williams Elementary / January 25Mitchell Elementary / January 26Pickett Elementary / January 27Carver Elementary / January 31
- Contact: Paige Hoellen / email@example.com