Georgetown ISD has academic course offerings to prepare you for higher education experience and post-secondary success. Once you begin your college experience or career, you need to feel confident that your high school preparation was more than adequate: this is academic readiness, a crucial component for college and career success.Think about the following questions when creating an academic plan that will fit your personal college and career readiness goals:
- Have you worked with your parents and counselor on your 4-year plan?
- Are you participating in challenging and rigorous courses and extra/co-curricular activities?
- Do you know how to calculate your GPA?
- What is your plan for completing a college entrance exam?
2018-2019 Course Selection Materials
Is my student ready for Pre-AP/AP courses?
Pre-AP and AP courses are designed to challenge motivated students and prepare them for success in college-level course work in high school and beyond. These courses move at a faster pace, are more academically challenging, require additional outside reading, including summer reading, and require more independent learning than on-level courses. To read more about Pre-AP/AP in Georgetown ISD, please click on the links below:
Secondary Schools Schedule Change GuidelinesThe course selection process starts in January and continues through the spring semester each school year. During this process, students and families have the opportunity to learn about the required coursework and available electives in Georgetown ISD. Students will choose their courses for the following school year before spring break. Students will have the opportunity to make changes to these requests at course verification time in April-May. In order to prepare for the following school year, and to ensure the accuracy of the requests, we only allow requests to be made on the course selection worksheet and/or the course verification worksheet, and we require a parent signature. After these processes are complete, students may request a schedule change. Schedule change requests must be made in writing, with a parent signature, within five (5) days of the start of class. Requests may not be approved.
Requests for schedule changes will be approved for the following reasons:
1. Error in schedule (This will be confirmed by counselor and the course verification form. If the course verification form was not returned, this request will be denied.)
2. Student failure in prerequisite course
3. Change in program (athletics, band, choir, orchestra, etc.)
4. Level changes as recommended by teachers and counselor with parental knowledge and principal approval
To read more about the Secondary Schedule Change Guidelines, please click here: GISD Secondary Schools Schedule Change Guidelines.