This web page provides links to other Internet pages created and maintained by other organizations. Links are only for the convenience of web site users and we are not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor do we endorse or guarantee the services or information offered at these sites.
Documents/Resources for Parents:Click on the link below to find a list of books and videos recommended by Georgetown ISD counselors.Drug and Alcohol Education for Parents and Teens:
- www.drugfreeworld.org/ - The Foundation for a Drug-Free World is a nonprofit public benefit corporation that empowers youth and adults with factual information about drugs so they can make informed decisions and live drug free.
- Get Smart about Drugs - A DEA resource for parents, educators, and caregivers
- Partnership for Drug Free Kids - Helpline 1-855-DRUGFREE
- Youth Suicide and Self-Harm Prevention: 2017 Resource Guide | Children's Safety Network - Suicide Prevention Resource Guide
- Suicide Prevention Handout for Teens
Social Media and Digital Safety:
- Smart Social: Learn how to shine online - https://smartsocial.com/
Other Resources/Links for Parents:
- Help for Parents. Hope for Kids. http://www.helpandhope.org/
The Georgetown ISD Guidance and Wellness Department is pleased to announce the following parent seminars for the 2017-2018 school year:
Videos for Parents: