"The business of schools is to design, create, and invent high-quality, intellectually demanding schoolwork that students find engaging."
- Dr. Phillip C. Schlechty
Georgetown ISD Vision and Mission
Home of the most inspired students served by the most empowered leaders.
Inspiring and empowering every learner to lead, grow, and serve.
• Meet the diverse needs of all students by addressing their individual needs and learning styles in an inviting and inclusive atmosphere
• Utilize formative and summative data to drive instruction to monitor the learning of all students and guide relevant and embedded professional development
• Partner with parents and families keeping them informed of student progress and providing resources to assist their students
• Involve parents and families in collaborative communication
• Our core mission is to design engaging work for students and to lead students to succeed in that work.
• Students are volunteers of their time, effort and attention.
• All students can learn at higher levels than they are currently achieving
• Coordination, collaboration, and connections are essential to a successful learning community.
• All members of the learning community contribute to a nurturing and engaging learning environment.
The 2017-18 Free and Reduced Lunch application is now available. A new application is required every school year. If your student was on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program and you have not received a letter of approval for this year a new application needs to be submitted.
“David’s Law,” legislation intended to combat cyberbullying (Senate Bill 179), went into effect September 1, 2017. This law makes it a Class A misdemeanor when a student harasses another through text messaging, email, cameras, social media, websites, applications or other electronic means.
Georgetown ISD is hosting fall mentor trainings for the 2017-18 school year. All GISD mentors, including returning mentors and new mentors, must complete the application process for this new school year: submit a background check, complete a mentor profile and attend a mentor training.