Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Renee Ramirez
I began my career in education as an English teacher at GHS and am happy to be back in GISD. I've been a librarian for 8 years. I love talking to students about books and helping them grow as readers.
I live with my husband and two kids in Round Rock but, we love visiting Georgetown. I am excited to be part of the Tippit MS faculty and look forward a great year.
I want to help students become strong readers and critical users of information. I will work to help students...
Gain information literacy skills:
- Evaluate source credibility & relevance
- Engage & synthesize information from multiple sources
- Create a product that integrates student’s interpretation of information with new ideas/perspective/opinions
Be a reflective reader:
- Increase reading stamina
- Reflect on reading abilities & create a plan to challenge yourself
- Engage text: evaluate author’s purpose (theme, tone, mood) & craft (word choice, use of literary devices) & analyze characters