1. There will be NO dance practice the Monday after break, 11/27 or Open Gym Thursday 11/30, as Ms. Rowles will not be available.
2. Popcorn fundraiser will begin TUESDAY, 11/28. The money raised will be used to pay for competition fees and other team needs. It's our goal for each girl to sell about 20 bags of popcorn at $2 each. Please stop by on your way home to pick up your sales sheet and bags of popcorn. Ms. Rowles will deliver details about this at practice TODAY.
3. Our first performance will be December 18 at the 7th grade game. If you'd like to stay after to enjoy the game, you'll need a permission slip signed by a parent/guardian. Please give to Ms. Rowles ASAP. Any girl who has not paid her fees or turned in a grade report will not be eligible to participate as she will not yet have her dance uniform. The second installment of dues was due 10/15 and grade reports were due October 26.
4. Please remember that pick up time is 5:25, and 3 late pick ups from practice may result in a dancer being asked to leave the team. Thus, if you think you may run late (It happens!) more than 3 times this year, please send Ms. Rowles an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or send in a signed note giving permission for your student to be left unattended after 5:30 PM. This will remove the late-pick-up penalties and ensure your daughter will remain eligible to participate.
The girls are doing wonderfully at practice! I can't wait for everyone to see their hard work displayed at our first game!!
1. There will be no Open Gym this Thursday, October 26, because of a Team Lead meeting. These meetings will occur every last Thursday of the month, cancelling Open Gym all of those dates. I will remind the girls of this monthly.
2. GET YOUR DUES TURNED IN! As mentioned, girls will not receive their uniforms until they are up-to-date on their payments. Ladies cannot perform without their uniforms :-/
3. If you think you will be late at Monday pick-up (5:25) more than 3 times this year, please send a signed permission slip or an email to Ms. Rowles (email@example.com) giving your dancer permission to be left unattended after 5:30 to avoid late pick-up consequences.
Please visit the following links to see the uniforms selected and the accompanying size guides. Please e-mail Ms. Rowles sizes for your girl(s) by Monday, October 9th so that uniforms may be ordered ASAP.
As a side note, the 2nd installment of dues are due October 15! The majority of this portion goes to pay for uniforms, etc.
- Our remind code is @dg9eea. Text this message to 81010 to join the group. I highly recommend both dancer and parent/guardian join! J
- Please contact Ms. Rowles at firstname.lastname@example.org with ANY questions you may have! I have classes and meetings nearly all day, so phone is not a great option for communication.
- Mandatory practices are Mondays until 5:25. Dancers should change in the restrooms and meet outside of Ms. Rowles’s room (A104) until she returns from bus duty. Best behavior is expected! Managers will take attendance at this time and girls should stretch while they wait in the hall. We will move to the small gym, cafeteria, or other practice location after. Please remember our tardy policy and be prompt at pickup time. Three or more late pickups may result in a dancer being asked to leave the team.
- For the time being, there will be an “open gym” for girls in Ms. Rowles’s room Thursday mornings from 8:05-8:35. Girls are welcome to come in and stretch or practice during this time as well. We do not currently have a space reserved, so they will report to room A104. This is NOT a mandatory practice, but it is an option so that girls who need additional practice can have it. Dancers must have dances memorized and ready to go for all performances, so anyone struggling is encouraged to attend. As the season progresses, we may end open gym or add an additional practice, depending on the needs of the team and staff/facility availability. Any changes will be communicated to dancers and their families as soon as possible.
- Fees are $240. The first ½ was due September 18th. Please get this in as soon as possible so we can pay our choreographer and order uniforms. Girls will not receive their uniforms, poms, etc. until fees are paid. The second installment is due October 15th or as soon as you can J Girls will not be able to perform with the group without their uniforms and poms once they are in and size-checked. Checks can be made out to Forbes MS Dance. Please e-mail Ms. Rowles at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding payment.
- Lastly, a quick reminder about grades and behavior. Per the GISD Dance Constitution, grades and behavior will impact a dancer’s eligibility to perform, be on the team, etc. STAY ON TOP OF YOUR WORK AND BE A LEADER IN THE CLASSROOM! See the Dance Constitution on the FMS Dance page if you have any questions.
Let’s have an awesome first season!!