News & Events
District News & Notes
Georgetown ISD Board Briefings – October 18, 2010
The Georgetown Independent School District Board of Trustees met on October 18, 2010. The following are the highlights from that meeting:
Determination of Quorum and Call to Order
Recognitions and Presentations
- The meeting was called to order with a quorum of Board Members in attendance. The Board entered into closed session, as authorized by the Texas Government Code Section 551.07. The Board entered into Open session at approximately 7:00 PM.
Hearing of Citizens Who Desire to Come Before the Board
- Aaron Duke and Molly Greenfield, students from Georgetown High School were recognized as recipients of the Jack Frost Citizens Award.
- Josh Schroeder, President of the Georgetown Partners in Education, provided an update on the P.I.E.
- The Georgetown ISD Maintenance and Custodial staff were recognized for their hard work and efforts during the September flood.
- Matt Campbell was the only citizen who addressed the Board.
Board Community Relations Report
Financial Statements and Reports
- The Board complimented the GHS students for their actions during Homecoming.
- Arthur Dela Cruz, Board Member, highlighted Dennis Allman who announces the football games for GISD.
- Mr. David McLaughlin, Chief Financial Officer, presented the Tax Assessor/Collector’s Report; Report of Securities Pledged Against Deposits; Year-to-Date Budget Report; Investment Report; 2005 Bond Construction Summary; and Approval of Payment of Bills for September 2010.
- The Board approved the Minutes of Previous Meetings.
- The Board approved TASB Local Policy Manual Update 88 (Local Policies: CQ, DH, EIE).
This briefing is a summary of action taken by the Georgetown Independent School District Board of Trustees at their recent scheduled meeting. It is provided as a courtesy and not a requirement of the Texas Open Meetings Act. It is not intended to act as the official minutes which are maintained by the Superintendent’s office and approved by the Board at a later date.
- Joe Dan Lee, Superintendent, discussed the upcoming November 2010 Bond Election.
- Board members Arthur Dela Cruz, Scott Alarcon, Sheila Carter, and Mike Hewlett presented a recap of the TASA/TASB Convention.
For additional information please contact:
- Brad Domitrovich, Director of School and Community Relations
- (512) 943-1890 • DomitrovichB@georgetownisd.org
Posted: 10/19/2010 Department: Board Briefings