As part of the state-mandated health curriculum, a unit on human sexuality is taught to all GISD middle school students and all students in high school Health classes. Our district utilizes Scott & White’s abstinence-education curriculum entitled Wellness and Sexual Health.
Scott & White
facilitators and district health educators will conduct a parent information
meeting on Tues, January 24, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in the Forbes Middle School
design lab, located at 1911 NE Inner Loop, Georgetown, Texas.
The Scott & White’s Wellness and Sexual Health Curriculum along with student opt out forms are available in the school's counselor's office for you to preview. Opt out forms MUST be received by the student's teacher on or before the dates listed below.
6th Grade (In progress)
- taught in health classes (Coronado and Sivertsen)
- start time projected as February 1, 2017
opt out forms must be received by
Friday, January 27, 2017
- taught in science classes (Henry, Loera, and Marceaux)
- start time projected as February 22, 2017
- opt out forms must be received by
Friday, February 17, 2017
- taught in science classes (Champion, Henry, and Whittenton)
- start time is in May AFTER the Science STAAR Test
- opt out forms must be received by Friday, May 5, 2017
Please contact Staci Whittenton if you need further information.
Phone: 943-5090 x.6948