As part of the state-mandated health curriculum, a unit on human sexuality is taught to all GISD middle school students and all students in high school Health classes. Our district utilizes Scott & White’s abstinence-education curriculum entitled Wellness and Sexual Health.
Scott & White facilitators and district health educators will conduct a parent information meeting on Tues, January 24, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in the Forbes Middle School design lab, located at 1911 NE Inner Loop, Georgetown, Texas.
The Scott & White’s Wellness and Sexual Health Curriculum along with student opt out forms are available in the school's counselor's office for you to preview. Opt out forms MUST be received by the student's teacher on or before the dates listed below.
- taught in health classes (Coronado and Sivertsen)
- start time projected as February 1, 2017
- opt out forms must be received by Friday, January 27, 2017
- taught in science classes (Henry, Loera, and Marceaux)
- start time projected as February 22, 2017
- opt out forms must be received by Friday, February 17, 2017
- taught in science classes (Champion, Henry, and Whittenton)
- start time is in May AFTER the Science STAAR Test
- opt out forms must be received by Friday, May 5, 2017
Please contact Staci Whittenton if you need further information.
Phone: 943-5090 x.6948