Return to Headlines
Office Policies and Procedures
- Please be prepared to show your current driver's license or state issued ID each time when picking up your child. No child will be checked out without one!
- Please do not drop your child off before 7:30 a.m. unless you have prior approval from a Pickett staff member or they are registered in our ESE before and after school program. Our school hours are 7:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
- If you need to make a change in the way your child is getting home, please call the school office at 943-5050 before 2:00. This ensures that your child will receive the correct information on time. There are exceptions for emergency situations.
- When visiting our school, always sign in at the office. This is for the safety of our students and staff.
- In order to volunteer at Pickett or go on scheduled field trips, you must have a current background check. These checks must be done each new school year. To fill out a background check, go to the main GISD web page, click on Volunteers/Mentors. There you will find the link.
Please don't hesitate to call or stop by the office if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for sharing your children with us daily!