Georgetown ISD accepts enrollment from all students within the district boundaries who meet age, residency, and health requirements. New student enrollment is only for students who were not enrolled at a GISD school at the end of the 2015-2016 school year.
If your student has not completed enrollment prior to the the close of campus offices on Friday, August 19th, enrollment on campus will be available after 1 PM on Tuesday, August 23rd. Students who move into the district during the school year should contact the registrar at the campus for an enrollment appointment. School phone numbers are listed here
Students are required to attend school in the attendance zone of their primary residence. General information on GISD attendance zones is available on the GISD Attendance Zones
page. If you need further assistance determining which attendance zone you live in, please contact the GISD Transportation Department at 512-943-5126.
What documents will I need for enrollment?
When enrolling a student for the first time in GISD, you will need to an online pre-enrollment application.
You will also need to present the following documents in person to the campus registrar or at a new student enrollment session listed above to complete your enrollment:
- Birth certificate
- Social security card (optional, but helpful)
- Driver's license or photo ID for parent/guardian registering student
- Current immunization record (Click here to review immunization requirements)
- Proof of residency in GISD (rental agreement, utility bill (gas, electric, water), property tax statement, signed purchase contract)
- Withdrawal form from previous school district if transferring from a Texas school
- Most recent report card and/or transcripts*
- Additional required documentation if applying for pre-kindergarten based on qualifying criteria (see below)
* High school students will need transcripts showing all credits earned to assist in course placement. Otherwise, class registration may be delayed until official transcripts are received from previous schools.
What are the requirements for kindergarten enrollment?
Children who live in GISD attendance zones and who will be 5 years old on or before September 1st are eligible for free, full-day kindergarten. Kindergarten enrollment is offered during the spring of the preceding year, during new student registration in August, or by appointment with the school registrar.
What are the requirements for pre-kindergarten enrollment?
Children who live in GISD attendance zones who will be 4 years old on or before September 1st and meet one of the following entrance criteria are eligible to attend pre-kindergarten at no cost:
Qualify for free or reduced lunch or currently receiving SNAP(food stamps)/TANF benefits
Currently or previously in the DFPS foster-care system
Have on or both parents considered active duty military
Unable to speak or comprehend the English language