Dear Georgetown ISD Families and Staff,
The celebration of Veterans Day is a long-standing tradition in Georgetown ISD. The district will be honoring veterans this year with a variety of programs and ceremonies held throughout the day on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11. We invite veterans and active military members in our community to join us at any of the celebrations detailed below.
GISD Administration to Co-Host Celebration at Frost Elementary
This year GISD Administration will co-host a Veterans Day ceremony with Frost Elementary. The event will start at 8:30 a.m. with a reception for veterans in the Frost Elementary library. Superintendent Dr. Fred Brent will give a welcome at 9:30 a.m., followed by the presentation of colors by two cub scout troops. The program and introduction of veterans will begin at 9:40 a.m. in the cafeteria.
More Celebrations Around the District
Assemblies and events at GISD campuses will be held at the following times:
· 8:30 AM – McCoy Elementary School – Cafeteria
· 8:30 AM – Pickett Elementary School – Cafeteria
· 8:30 AM – Village Elementary School – Gym
· 9:00 AM – Benold Middle School – Gym
· 9:00 AM – Carver Elementary School – Outdoors
· 9:00 AM – Cooper Elementary School – Gym
· 9:00 AM – Ford Elementary School – Cafeteria
· 9:00 AM – Mitchell Elementary School – Outdoors
· 9:30 AM – Williams Elementary School – Auditorium
· 11:00 AM – Georgetown-Williamson County Veterans Memorial featuring GHS Band, Orchestra, and Choir. More details below.
· 1:30 PM – Purl Elementary School – Cafeteria
· 2:40 PM – Forbes Middle School – Gym
The Georgetown High School Band, Orchestra, and Choir will provide music for the Veterans Day Ceremony to be held at 11 a.m. at the Georgetown-Williamson County Veterans Memorial located at 2 Texas Drive in Sun City.
We hope you will be able to join our students, teachers, and staff at one or more of these events.
For additional information, please contact:
Office of School and Community Relations at CommunityRelations@georgetownisd.org